I finally finished watching Inuyasha and all four Inuyasha movies. The last Inuyasha series I have to watch is Inuyasha: The Final Act, and that won't be out until sometime in 2011. My thoughts:
- I was disappointed in the Shichinintai (Band of Seven). I expected them to last longer somehow and/or be more interesting. The Inuyasha fanfics I read have truly expanded upon this group far more than the anime series.
- The filler episodes, while amusing at times, were a little boring.
- Seasons 1-3 were the best.
- Unfortunately, some of the best episodes about Sesshoumaru are in the later seasons.
- The Inuyasha Movie 3 (Swords of an Honorable Ruler) was my favorite Inuyasha movie. It also had the best story out of the four movies.
- The Inuyasha Movie 4 (Fire on the Mystic Island) was the most disappointing movie. I expected more out of it. Some of the things that happen in the movie were too cliché or unbelievable. For example, why would Kikyou drop her only weapon to the ground when she was stuck on the island that still had enemy youkai (demons) on it? It doesn't make sense! >_>
Anyway, I know I'll be getting the Inuyasha: The Final Act DVD set once it is out. I don't know if it will be any good, but hopefully the storyline will be more exciting since they have to wrap up all loose ends in one season.